This 1895 brick industrial structure was seismically upgraded to be able to maintain power for the entire downtown Sacramento during a major emergency. The walls were reinforced with a method utilized widely in Europe but never in the United States, called Internally Reinforced Masonry System. The historic exterior and interior character was maintained and restored. Interior spaces were upgraded within the historic context to meet current accessible requirement.
Two story brick structure with basement – 26,244 SF total
- Client Sacramento Municipal Utility District
- Date January 31, 2015
- Tags Histroic, Industrial